Share your glimmer of light!

Trying to forget 2020? Oh yes, same here. But DON’T forget that there were some good things that happened to us this year too! Let’s put our heads together and come up with a list of small but good things to make us smile as 2020 passes – thank goodness – into history.

What was your small but good thing this year? Do tell! It will do everyone good to see some points of light!

Sharon from Modsupport learned to make masks. (Who would have thought that would ever be a good thing?). Seenie got into sourdough bread baking, and she’s got the waistline to prove it. TJ made his sister very happy by doing some home improvements for her.

Share your little glimmer on a reply below.

From all of us, warm wishes to you and yours in the coming year and always.

1 Like

That I lived through 2020 and looking forward to 2021.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Against the odds, I managed to harness concentration and rework a crochet project.

3 Likes

That’s a serious challenge! That’s awesome. I used to be a knitter. Knitting was fine, but correcting errors was always a nightmare for me.

Sharon from ModSupport

:joy: My daughter gave me a kit to crochet a rabbit. The crochet hook is size 8, and the wool is quite chunky. I rapidly ran out of wool, and couldn’t imagine where it had gone wrong. I’m not really a proficient crocheter, so I googled for advice. Turns out I’m a loose crocheter/knitter…so I’ve had to pull the whole thing out and start again from scratch. Now, I’m using a size 6 crochet hook, and getting better results :joy:

image|373x500

2 Likes

LOL, hurray for us, we survived. And that’s no mean feat! Chas, I’m with you on this.
Happy New Year to you.

Seenie

1 Like

LOL oh Beryl, I must say I’m glad you didn’t ask us to guess what that creation is. :rofl:

Let’s see the final product, don’t forget!

Seenie

2 Likes

Having moved from a ground floor apartment to a bungalow with a garden in December 2019, I improved my gardening skills. I overcame my fear of falling over and found a way to get around with my rollator. I also attracted lots of birds and squirrels and enjoyed taking pics to post on FB … the weather was really good to me. best wishes all xx stay safe and dont forget to smile xx

2 Likes

Beryl, that is so beautiful. What a treasure!

Now, are you ready to tackle this? :rofl:

Seenie

1 Like

:joy: I’m not really up to speed with who Bernie Sanders is…but this looks very cute.

1 Like

Bernie Sanders campaigned for President of the United States during the last two elections. He is an independent.

A picture of Bernie at the inauguration went viral, and then people started doing computer tricks with it (don’t ask me how!) to “place” Bernie (his image) in all kinds of unlikely places. This explains. Then someone made the pattern for the crochet doll to raise money for charity.

S

2 Likes