Sports: With or without Ataxia

Hi Iain

Glad you have found anew interest.It is very hard trying to develop new interests when old self used to bemobile.Good for you.I thought i might try Riding for the Disabled as m y own legs no longer work Am on the ubiquitous waiting list.

Marie

Hope you enjoy your new found interest Marie. I have only tried horse riding once in my life. Although I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time, its not a sport or hobby I wished to take up. Great interest though for people who are unable to get about on their own feet. I love my scooter and would consider this to be a hobby as I am out on it every day. Without it I have to rely on my wife to drive me into our town centre where I can use my rollator/walker to get about.

I guess you would have spoken to Carol. She is a horse riding fanatic I believe who would (I'm sure) give you plenty of tips and advice.

I'll try and get myself interested in the NBA tournament on ESPN Michael. I will take particular interest at seeing how the LA 'lakers' get on. Are you getting yourself a a season ticket and do you know if the Lakers will be playing their first game on Christmas day? Keep in touch Michael. Iain.

fabulous

|Enjoy

Patsyx

Must be great balance and muscle therapy excercise Michael. You live in a great part of the world ideal for beach watersports, especially I would think for Paddle Boarding. I live in a great country for getting wet cold showers. From RAIN water that is!!!

A warm coat would be no use if you were on your way to Scotland. You would need an electric underblanket and a very waterproof jacket!