Tip of. Big Toes numbness/pain

About four ago I started having numbness/pain on the tips of my big toes. My guess is, it’s a new variety of neuropathy.

I’m scheduled for an EMG test in two weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Every day! My EMG is mañana. I get it in toes and fingers.

I'll be posting results then. Ataxia with neuropathy yippee! <<sarcasm and humor :)

Hah! Thanks!

Hi Julie, Just spotted this now. I have SCA14 and one of the most annoying things that happen to me all the time is when my big toes start doing their thing. The numbness and pain I can stand but then one of my tendons or something tighten up and my big toe moves about 2 inches to the side bringing with it excruciating pain.My kids think it's hilarious and get a laugh out of it. (I'm glad someone does ). I hope you don't get it as bad but when it happens keep massaging your toe and it should ease off in a little while . Regards Fran

Peter,
what did you find out?
Fran,
Thank you for the suggestion. I’m not having cramping of the toes with this new numbness. Before my diagnosis and going gluten free, I use to have tremulously painful cramping in my toes/feet every day. I had to put my feet in extremely hot water to relax the cramps. I still have to protect my feet from cold.

Peter Franks said:

Every day! My EMG is mañana. I get it in toes and fingers.

I'll be posting results then. Ataxia with neuropathy yippee! sarcasm and humor :)