Torso tremors

Hi, I am new to the group and would like to know if anyone has torso tremors.

I myself have never heard of torso tremors but could it be caused by another problem, I hope you find out so it does not stress you too much. Jerry

Thank You . My body rocks a bit back and forth almost like a parkinsons movement

I do have body movements and they are a little violent sometimes, I bang my head a lot when I am too near and I hit the shower door or the glass shields in the smorgy restaurants. My legs are giving me problems now when I go to walk my legs start to bend at the knees so I have to straighten them for my next step. Jerry

I have the same thing. Also in my neck. I do a lot of core and neck exercises. It seems to help a little. Usually I just sit and rest until it stops. I've tried muscle relaxers with no change. It is unplesant and a sure fall if you don't sit. A walker doesn't help me. I use a wheelchair for longer trips and sit down at home.

Good luck.

Dee

I was diagnosed about 6 years ago with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration. It has left me in a wheelchair. My main symptoms are trunckal l ataxia, small motor ataxia and nystagmus. It has totally robbed me of any balance. I can totally sympathize with you and hope you find a solution soon. You may need too see a neurologist.

I do not know if what I have could be called torso tremors. What I feel is a constant vibration that seems to be centered somewhere inside my middle. Sometimes it is mild and barely noticable, and sometimes it makes all of me shake violently. The violent kind seems to happen only when I am under serious stress.

My tremors at first affected my right arm and hand, though they felt like they came from my center. When they appear now, as they are stronger, the torso is included as well. But even with that, my left hand is steady. Weird, huh? Meds kept them at bay for a long time and I'm grateful for that

I had something like torso tremors that seemed to set off arm and leg tremors and dystonia with myoclonics. I’ve been on levodopa and gabapentine for three years now and am so much better.

Dear Teresa, Although I personally do not suffer from torso tremors, I've heard and read they can be a symptom of ataxia. My suggestion would be to talk with your neurologist, as there are medications that can help! My best to you...,;o)

i get torso tremors. i sit down and they go away

lorraine

Mainly hands and arm tremors..............so far!

My tremors started mildly in my hands but are now everywhere.Lots of quivering.Theory(mine)is that it is another thing controlled by my brain, So stress makes mine much worse.ie stress+ ataxia is awful.We cannot help it but I am open to suggestions.

I have been having the same issues. I am also finding that coffee with caffeine exacerbates these episodes. My tremors/shaking start in the mid-section, and if not controlled can go full blown tremors from the neck down.

Norbert N Steiner said:

I do not know if what I have could be called torso tremors. What I feel is a constant vibration that seems to be centered somewhere inside my middle. Sometimes it is mild and barely noticable, and sometimes it makes all of me shake violently. The violent kind seems to happen only when I am under serious stress.

I have never heard of torso tremors. However, my issue is entirely tumor related.

Hello Teresa, yes my mum is affected by this too, some days its worse than others but it never really goes away for her

I have that as well

KitKat said:

I have been having the same issues. I am also finding that coffee with caffeine exacerbates these episodes. My tremors/shaking start in the mid-section, and if not controlled can go full blown tremors from the neck down.

Norbert N Steiner said:

Norbert describes most closely how I feel - a vibration inside my body. When I lie down it feels as if the bed is shaking.

My tremors started with my hands, went to my head and now I to have torso tremors. My doctor has prescribed Primidone but so far I can only take 1/4 tablet without it affecting my balance. I has helped with my hand tremors though