Traveling with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia Type II

Just wanted to let you know that the Stadium Buddy did the trick. My husband, Mr Macho Man, was all for it since so many bikers, cyclists, race car drivers, sportsmen seem to use it with great results. First time was a little tricky - but since "practice makes perfect" we kept trying. Now have it down to a science. Urologist still wants us to limit it to 2-3 times a week and for traveling since he says there is still a chance of infections due to urine backup - but I'll GLADLY take 2-3 times a week of not having to haul him up out of a chair. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!!!!!

Glitter on Butterflies said:

Wow - thanks.

I hope that idea helps.

Best of luck!

KatCap21 said:

OMG - OMG - OMG - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - this just may be the answer. Discussed it with my husband and he is all for giving it a try - the fact that it's used by fishermen, motorcyclists, sports fans, etc, gives him just enough of a push to try it. It is now not just a medical thing, it is a GUY THING. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much. (Wish us luck)

Hi - In the last five years since having walking issues, I have traveled quite a bit - mainly by plane and also by car. Each trip/circumstance was different.

If you're going by car and he's a guy, have you seen those Stadium Buddy things? That specific product is marketed to guys attending stadium events, but I've also seen similar products on healthcare sites/magazines.

For sure there's a way to do it, as you know; it definitely takes more forethought, though. Thanks for posting this.

I also found this on Biorelief.com

Stadium Gal

The same sort of thing but for us ladies who cannot wait in line!

Im glad you something that will work!

KatCap21 said:

Just wanted to let you know that the Stadium Buddy did the trick. My husband, Mr Macho Man, was all for it since so many bikers, cyclists, race car drivers, sportsmen seem to use it with great results. First time was a little tricky - but since "practice makes perfect" we kept trying. Now have it down to a science. Urologist still wants us to limit it to 2-3 times a week and for traveling since he says there is still a chance of infections due to urine backup - but I'll GLADLY take 2-3 times a week of not having to haul him up out of a chair. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!!!!!

Wow - thanks.

I hope that idea helps.

Best of luck!

KatCap21 said:

OMG - OMG - OMG - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - this just may be the answer. Discussed it with my husband and he is all for giving it a try - the fact that it's used by fishermen, motorcyclists, sports fans, etc, gives him just enough of a push to try it. It is now not just a medical thing, it is a GUY THING. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much. (Wish us luck)

Hi - In the last five years since having walking issues, I have traveled quite a bit - mainly by plane and also by car. Each trip/circumstance was different.

If you're going by car and he's a guy, have you seen those Stadium Buddy things? That specific product is marketed to guys attending stadium events, but I've also seen similar products on healthcare sites/magazines.

For sure there's a way to do it, as you know; it definitely takes more forethought, though. Thanks for posting this.

I’m glad to hear that worked out!

KatCap21 said:

Just wanted to let you know that the Stadium Buddy did the trick. My husband, Mr Macho Man, was all for it since so many bikers, cyclists, race car drivers, sportsmen seem to use it with great results. First time was a little tricky - but since “practice makes perfect” we kept trying. Now have it down to a science. Urologist still wants us to limit it to 2-3 times a week and for traveling since he says there is still a chance of infections due to urine backup - but I’ll GLADLY take 2-3 times a week of not having to haul him up out of a chair. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!!!

Wow - thanks.

I hope that idea helps.

Best of luck!

KatCap21 said:

OMG - OMG - OMG - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - this just may be the answer. Discussed it with my husband and he is all for giving it a try - the fact that it’s used by fishermen, motorcyclists, sports fans, etc, gives him just enough of a push to try it. It is now not just a medical thing, it is a GUY THING. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much. (Wish us luck)

If you’re going by car and he’s a guy, have you seen those Stadium Buddy things? That specific product is marketed to guys attending stadium events, but I’ve also seen similar products on healthcare sites/magazines.

For sure there’s a way to do it, as you know; it definitely takes more forethought, though. Thanks for posting this.

Kuddos to you and your husband (and Stadium Buddy)! So happy your trip worked out! ;o)