Zinger Mobility Chair

I know nothing about this and have never used it, saw an ad for it and immediately thought of this group:

888-828-3989

azurelle

1 Like

888 282 39 89 is the phone number

:slightly_smiling_face: Thank you Azurelle. I watched the video, and the chair certainly looked fun to use. Currently, I don’t rely on a wheelchair, although my balance and mobility are becoming more challenging these days, and I can see the probability looming in the not to distant future. One thing I specifically recognised as a problem for me was the swinging footrest, concentration can be greatly affected when a person is diagnosed with Cerebellar Ataxia, I’d worry I’d forget this wasn’t stable, and it may cause a fall :slightly_smiling_face: xB

Just curious…has anyone here actually tried this and how did you feel about it??

:slightly_smiling_face: I found this on their site, it could be helpful if anyone was considering Medicare or Medicaid. I posted to other groups, if anyone has tried one I’ll let you know.

The Zinger Chair is a personal electric vehicle and is not a medical device nor a wheelchair, and has not been submitted to the Food and Drug Administration for review or clearance. Zinger is not intended for medical purposes to provide mobility to persons restricted to a sitting position. It is not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.

Thanks. Funny, when you read all the exclusions—NOTa medical device, NOT for people with mobility issues—I wonder who it is for??

:slightly_smiling_face: I watched the video, and the people demonstrating the chair looked as though they were having a great time zooming around. But it’s obviously marketed as being lightweight, maybe it’s suitable for people with minimal balance challenges.

Could only be something to do with liability. Still, it’s a petty nifty looking piece of equipment, wouldn’t you say? Smaller that the footprint of a mobility scooter too.

Seenie

Definitely looks promising!!

:slightly_smiling_face: It does look fun to use. The price might make someone think twice, $2399…especially when it’s not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.