Anyone with FARA?

Hi,

My cousin has FRiedreich’s ataxia. She is in her mid 20’s, she can still walk. Here in Sweden where we live the medical support is bad, and also she has noone in her surroundings to talk to about this that can truely understand her, since there seems to be no support groups here for her.
She needs someone to talk to, that has her illness and knodd what she’s going thrue. Is there anyone here that would mind talking to her?
If I could suggest to her I found her someone, and if she’s willing. She used to be very depressed, now she’s feeling better, but i think support from someone is going to be much beredd.

Sorry for my bad english.

//Elinor

Hi Elinor

My name is Jim and I am Chairman of Ataxia Ireland, my daughter Kate has Friedreich's Ataxia. I would be glad to talk to your cousin or if she would prefer my daughter Kate would also be glad to talk to her. If we can provide any assistance we would be delighted to help.

Regards

Jim

Hello Elinor,

I cannot offer much help to your cousin, but here is a Swedish website with some links to organizations you might be able to contact for help. http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/rarediseases/friedreichataxia

I hope this works. You are very nice to help your cousin and by the way, your English is just fine.
Best wishes
Cicina

My name is Randy have her join our merry group. She will find friendship, information, and someone to talk with.

Hi Elinor,

I'd be more than happy to talk to your cousin. My name is Jasmine, I'm 22 and I have FA, though I can't walk anymore (I was diagnosed at age 8). I live in Portsmouth (south of England).

Best wishes

Jasmine

Elinor, I also found this Friedrich’s Ataxia website in Swedish http://www.svenskaataxiforeningen.se/

I do not speak a word of Swedish, so I hope it helps you find some forum in Sweden, may be. Or who knows, someone close to you. It is a small world, you never know…

Hi Jim, ya Cork piece of ...................

Ataxia Ireland said:

Hi Elinor

My name is Jim and I am Chairman of Ataxia Ireland, my daughter Kate has Friedreich's Ataxia. I would be glad to talk to your cousin or if she would prefer my daughter Kate would also be glad to talk to her. If we can provide any assistance we would be delighted to help.

Regards

Jim

Your cousin can also find many people in similar circumstances by visiting the National Ataxia Foundation facebook page.