Falmouth Road Race

Yesterday was a beautiful day to run. My time was 1:43:00 compared to 2:00:05 for last year. I shaved nearly 17 min off the time. 12 of us ran for team MINDlink and so far have raised over $21,000 for ataxia research.

Jack

Thanks for what you are doing Jack, it's just brilliant. My daughter has sca2 so I am always interested to hear what u are up to. My wife and I have just started contacting various people and company's to get more awareness of ataxia out there and possible donations. So far we have had money from Glasgow Rangers football club and one of the banks donated 100 pounds on the spot with more to follow. We are going to contact every famous person under the sun and wont stop until everyone has heard of ataxia and I would urge everyone to do the same if they are able. Most people have an e mail address for charity so get it and just tell them your story and a link to ataxia uk for example. Even if 1 in 10 donate at least more people will have heard of ataxia

Well done Jack, congratulations on your time! xB

Thank you

Beryl Park said:

Well done Jack, congratulations on your time! xB

Way to go Jack! Well done! ;o)

Wow, Jack,

This is a great time for 7 miles! As a former runner, I am interested in the 3 wheels “thing” ( for lack of a better word ) that you are pushing on your picture. I would love to try and run again, but although I can walk unassisted, my left leg will not run. It does not seem to be there at all when I try to make it speed upand it is up in the air, off the ground. Weird feeling. Hard to explain
If possible, can you tell me where to get a “thing” like yours? Thanks and congrats again on your accomplishment and dedication to Ataxia research.

its a modified baby jogger with weight added to it to act as a counter balance. I could take some detailed pictures and send then to you

Cicina said:

Wow,, Jack,

This is a great time for 7 miles! As a former runner, I am interested in the 3 wheels "thing" ( for lack of a better word ) that you are pushing on your picture. I would love to try and run again, but although I can walk unassisted, my left leg will not run. It does not seem to be there at all when I try to make it speed upand it is up in the air, off the ground. Weird feeling. Hard to explain
If possible, can you tell me where to get a "thing" like yours? Thanks and congrats again on your accomplishment and dedication to Ataxia research.

That would be great! Is there a way to send an emai privately on this site?

Jack, as always you are an inspiration!’

request to be my friend I will accept and then you can email me

rose said:

Way to go Jack! Well done! ;o)