Neurological walkers

Has anyone tried the neurological walkers, such as U-step?

I never heard of them but looking online at them they look well made but I dont see the advantages. It is an awful lot of money for a walker I would save my money for a power chair for that money and they are not covered by medicare.When the sugested price is $1500 all I can see is its priced that way because of the word medical.

gelu65 said:

I never heard of them but looking online at them they look well made but I dont see the advantages. It is an awful lot of money for a walker I would save my money for a power chair for that money and they are not covered by medicare.When the sugested price is $1500 all I can see is its priced that way because of the word medical.

Yeah, I don’t see it as being very different from the rollater I got on some on-line site - maybe overstock? - for $130. Mine can also be used as a transport chair so I can be pushed which is a huge plus. And I think having to put pressure on the brake levers to make it move would actually be a huge hassle, my hands don’t work very well. If insurance covers it and it meets all your needs, then great, but otherwise I don’t see it as being worth it.

I've seen the U-step walker. It's a great concept but pricey.

Hailing from a insurance background, most health insurance companies will not cover this item being similar needs can be met with using a rollator walker or rolling walker. Some may provide reimbursement for the U-Step Walker but most require the member (you) pay for it first then submit a claim for services. The chances of seeing payment for the full amount are slim.

:)

Yep. And my husband wouldn’t try it anyway.

I googled the U Step, I wanted to see what it looked like.

The price shown was $575, with Medicare or insurance you could get
it down to $143

Perhaps I looked at the wrong thing?

I’m almost at the point where a rollator would be a step forward but there’s so much
choice. xB