Bucket list

I also want to do white water rafting! I live in Colorado, so that makes it convenient.

Then I want to visit: Yellowstone and Yosemite Parks. Ireland and Israel.

Keep doing what you can, while you can!!

Hi.
Decided to go for a proper head and shoulders massage. It was amazing and she loosened muscles I never knew I had. I felt so relaxed. Needless to say, after 21 months of no interest on my part, we relived our honeymoon. Several times !!!
I have decided, when I get home, to start a “new chapter” in my life.
I have Ataxia. It DOES NOT have me.

My ear rings still fit too.
264-image.jpg (212 KB)

I did it Beryl. 19 hours on a plane. 3 stops. Copious amounts of alcohol but I did it, am still doing it. 1 more day to go then back to Blighty. Xxx

Beryl Park said:

Bev, you are in Bali?
My jaw just dropped!

Wish I was with you, have a really, amazing time!

XxB

Me on Kuta beach plus my faithful crutch xx
263-image.jpg (1.04 MB)

I’m so pleased for you Bev, a complete new lease of life,
some ‘special’ memories to treasure:-) xB

Great pic of you, Beverley, on a gorgeous beach! I'm sure you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your "little piece of heaven" with us! ;o)

Go Beverley!! What a lovely location!

Beverley said:

Me on Kuta beach plus my faithful crutch xx

How wonderful for you. I love hearing from other people that are living their dreams despite (or to spite :) ) their physical problems. Live life to the fullest!

Hope the sunset was all you hoped it would be, and the massage even better.

Hi all. Back to reality. Had 15 hours sleep but didn’t,t feel jet lagged. Had a fab time and saw the most glorious sunset ever so beautiful there must be a better place. Got back to find the kids had broken the tumble drier, unbelievable mess, s**t loads of washing! the fridge was nearly alive! yuk and to top it all they forgot to feed Egglebert my fish and he died. Good job Reggie my dog was in the kennels!!!
I am now thinking about what to do next.
Funny thing though, went to the other side of the world no problems, wheelchair waiting, someone to push me, straight through customs etc, Quatar airways were fab by the way, got back to Heathrow, no wheelchair waiting, no support and took ages to find my wheelchair.!!! Typical Bloody England.
Good news though. I got back and opened my mail to find that the DVLA have agreed I can drive but will have to be assessed every 3 years. Now I’m scared about getting behind the wheel after 18 months.
Aha. Next on the bucket list. Drive MY car. Had it 2 years and never driven it. This feels scarey .

Watch this space.

Sorry about pic it was a bit rubbish…

Beverley said:

Hi.
Decided to go for a proper head and shoulders massage. It was amazing and she loosened muscles I never knew I had. I felt so relaxed. Needless to say, after 21 months of no interest on my part, we relived our honeymoon. Several times !!!

I have decided, when I get home, to start a “new chapter” in my life.

I have Ataxia. It DOES NOT have me.

My ear rings still fit too.

It sounds like you had a great experience over there; and a little work needed back home.

Hi Bev, isn’t it always the same when you come back from a holiday,
once you’ve done a load of washing and a supermarket shop, you
forget you’ve been away!

It’s interesting to hear your experience travelling, a friend also had
far superior care at foreign airports.

Good luck with the driving! I’m also on a 3yr licence due to Ataxia.

Being ‘under the weather’ has meant not much time behind the wheel,
it certainly does nothing to help retain confidence in driving.

I can say from experience, just grit your teeth and get out there! xB

Beverley,

My dog (Pembroke Welsh Corgi) is named "Reggie" as well! Here he is trying to herd the deer. He loves it!

Julie

Beverley said:

Hi all. Back to reality. Had 15 hours sleep but didn't,t feel jet lagged. Had a fab time and saw the most glorious sunset ever so beautiful there must be a better place. Got back to find the kids had broken the tumble drier, unbelievable mess, s**t loads of washing! the fridge was nearly alive! yuk and to top it all they forgot to feed Egglebert my fish and he died. Good job Reggie my dog was in the kennels!!!!!
I am now thinking about what to do next.
Funny thing though, went to the other side of the world no problems, wheelchair waiting, someone to push me, straight through customs etc, Quatar airways were fab by the way, got back to Heathrow, no wheelchair waiting, no support and took ages to find my wheelchair.!!!! Typical Bloody England.
Good news though. I got back and opened my mail to find that the DVLA have agreed I can drive but will have to be assessed every 3 years. Now I'm scared about getting behind the wheel after 18 months.
Aha. Next on the bucket list. Drive MY car. Had it 2 years and never driven it. This feels scarey .

Watch this space.

And the deer seem to be thinking: what a funny looking deer with short legs…

Nice picture Julie, thanks for sharing.

Cicina said:
And the deer seem to be thinking: what a funny looking deer with short legs....

Nice picture Julie, thanks for sharing.

Aw he’s lovely. I have a Westie. He came home from his holiday (kennels) looking lovely. Can’t say I missed his barking though. He barks at everything. I have no net curtains as he tore three sets down as he couldn’t see out of the window.

On another note, Does anyone know if there is a support group in Kent? There was one in Rochester but it seems to have finished. I live near Dartford, Bluewater area. Would love to meet other Ataxians. Thanks.

Have a lovely day everyone. Xxxx

The sunset was amazing and the massage was painful although nice in a weird way and afterwards I felt great. Might have to make it a monthly treat if I can find somewhere here.

Glitter on Butterflies said:

It sounds like you had a great experience over there; and a little work needed back home.

Thank you, although I do feel guilty about telling you all where I was. I was just so chuffed that I did it as it was literally a spur of the moment thing and I thought, if not now, then when ? Never really been spontaneous like that before but I must say I think that I like spontenaety. Think that’s missed spelt so sorry. X

rose said:

Great pic of you, Beverley, on a gorgeous beach! I’m sure you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your “little piece of heaven” with us! ;o)

Just a little bit. Took me and my hubby a whole day just to clean the house. Going to tackle the washing today. Woohoo. Back to reality x

Glitter on Butterflies said:

Thanks it was fab. Most beautiful sunset I ever saw. Just one cock up though. Phone went flat so no photo. i have spent too long feeling down due to Ataxia. No more!!! I lost a dear friend just out of the blue when I was in Bali and my cousin and another dear friend both have terminal cancer. Life is too short. Like I said. I have Ataxia. IT DOES NOT HAVE ME!!!

greytdogz said:

How wonderful for you. I love hearing from other people that are living their dreams despite (or to spite :slight_smile: ) their physical problems. Live life to the fullest!

Hope the sunset was all you hoped it would be, and the massage even better.