Bucket list

I admire your POSITIVE attitude, Beverley! You are truly an inspiration to all with ataxia! I was diagnosed eleven years ago, and my ataxia is progressive, You're so right, life is short, as I lost my first husband to terminal cancer when our children were 12 and 14 years. He was only 43. I'm 60 years young now, and our children are 29 and 31. I, as well as my neurologist have no idea why I have ataxia. I was very active and athletic before ataxia, and no one in my family, as far back as we know has/had ataxia, except me! Anyway, your outlook is truly refreshing...,thank you! ;o)

Bev - I get the guilt-thing, but there’s no need. We’re happy for you! True: life is way too short.

Does anyone shake I do when tired stressed or nervous. How can I stop

I shake most of the time especially when standing up like in the shower or getting up in the morning. I also get spontaneous limb and finger jerks so I have spilt lots of things over me and others. There’s not much you can do about it, I have tried. I just sit down when it happens or I take a 5 min break and try to refocus. That’s why I stopped driving as I couldn’t control the clutch so I went to an automatic and now I’ve lost the confidence. It’s next on my bucket list. Xx

That sounds fantastic. White water rafting was a scream. I did it in Spain with my son we had such a laugh. I managed to stay in the raft all day and when we got back I fell in. Loved it xxx

Julie in Colorado said:

I also want to do white water rafting! I live in Colorado, so that makes it convenient.

Then I want to visit: Yellowstone and Yosemite Parks. Ireland and Israel.

Keep doing what you can, while you can!!