Dating

Hey Lori, Keep doing what you're doing. I can certainly can understand you wanting someone to share your life with! The best men are the ones that will love you enough to see you for yourself, all your special qualities, not just your disability. Ataxia doesn't "define" who you are as a person! I know the ''right" person will come along for you! This site is for support, advice and venting. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us! My best to you..., ;o)

and dont forget me folks,honest

im free x x x x

rose said:

Hey Lori, Keep doing what you're doing. I can certainly can understand you wanting someone to share your life with! The best men are the ones that will love you enough to see you for yourself, all your special qualities, not just your disability. Ataxia doesn't "define" who you are as a person! I know the ''right" person will come along for you! This site is for support, advice and venting. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us! My best to you..., ;o)

warmglow said:

Lori Hello then have me,the only trouble is ive ataxia and i dont like being alone im single, im 57,and live in the u.k. know what i mean lots of love john x

Hi David.

Sorry but I was raised by my parents to believe. "Life is about me." Nobody in this world will care about me more then Me! I do not remember saying this was about me. Have a happy Day!

Lori

David (Spinner) Henry said:

Why ask "why", don't intend to sound "harsh" or "rude", but this Life is not all about you - maybe your not wanting to be alone is a sign of the type of relationship you have (or not) with YOUR CREATOR ... just maybe?????

Thanks Rose and everyone for the kind words.

Lori

rose said:

I second that ‘wow’ and am quickly reminded how we are all different and unique, thankfully.

puppyteeth said:

Wow.

Yes we are all unique. Good choice of words!

Great discussion. Thanks Lori for bringing up an issue that is difficult to talk about but very important!

Hey Doodlebug. Dating sites want perfect women. I'm sorry about your husband. Yes I am waiting for my perfect man, who loves me just the way I am. And helps me to. LOL

Woww!! It looks like there are so many single women in the U.S and none in the U.K. I have been looking for a woman as well for some time now. It looks like the UK ran out of woman or maybe my ataxia is in the way :) I agree with Doodle about the dating sites. Everything turns around sex and business nowadays. You can't find a honest partner who can also be your good friend to share your difficulties and support each other. I call it Global Cooling because you can rarely feel the heart's warmth nowadays.

Im sure there are just as many women in the UK. LOL I agree ataxia does get in the way! Good luck to all of us.

Hi. I'd be interested to know if anyone makes any mention of their ataxia when they register on dating websites. On my profile I recently added that I have a problem with mobility and use a walking frame. Of course this now means that noone ever contacts me first so I would have to make the first move. I don't see how I can not mention my lack of mobility though. It would be extremely embarrassing if I turned up for a date without the other person being aware that I use a walking frame.

I was on online dating. I said I have ataxia. People said they didn't care. I was getting hits all the time. Then I said look up ataxia so they knew what is was. No hits. I met 3 men who said they didnt care. But they did. I am no longer on online dating. It hurts to much. Everyone whats to go for bike rides, Walks, We can do that with a little help. LOL I gave up on online dating.

I got sick of telling people, so I put an explanation of what I have on my main profile on a dating site. I cant hide my symptoms any more, and not everyone understands how bad I will get.

I have had some luck. There are some caring people out there.

Im still single but will keep trying. Good luck Lori.

I did the same. But once people meet you and see it for themselves. There gone. I gave up. Now I'm just waiting for my prince to come. LOL

Scotty said:

I got sick of telling people, so I put an explanation of what I have on my main profile on a dating site. I cant hide my symptoms any more, and not everyone understands how bad I will get.

I have had some luck. There are some caring people out there.

Im still single but will keep trying. Good luck Lori.

Hi Lori.

I've never had any experience of dating sites, it must be a very difficult decision what to put

on profiles. On the one hand, fore warned is fore armed but then you don't want to just be

dismissed out of hand, if you know what I mean. There must be a wide variety of sites

where you can meet people with similar interests as a starting point. That's where I would

have to start, because I've never had a lot of confidence mixing with other people unless

there was some common ground as an ice breaker. Stick with it, your prince is out there

somewhere!

Sites are not for people with ataxia. I did put on my profile that I had ataxia. Being single is very lonely. I was on a site years ago with good luck. This time was a mistake, A free trail turned into more. . I was on for one week. With a lot of interests. But that's as far as it went. Now I hide my profile till the time is over. I'm counting on my prince!

I wonder if it would be feasible for something to work within this site, re dating?

People are having difficulties, and there's obviously a need.

Have you ever been to an Ataxia Conference etc, where you would come into

contact with others' with the same aim? I know here in the UK of 2 members

who met in this way, and they just clicked! Go for what you feel more comfortable

with, then you'll have more confidence, and the prospective prince will get to know

the real you!

Berylx

I haven't heard of any close to here. My mother said before she died that it would be perfect if I met someone in a wheelchair. LOL. Thats what I want someone to see me first. And everything that come with me. Then gets to know me. Thats why dating sites don't work for people with ataxia. No matter how much you tell the person. Things always change when they see you. Im going down South this summer I am going to check out what is all going on in the States for that. Because a conference is a good idea.

Have a great time, I'll be thinking of you!

Berylx

Lori said:

I haven't heard of any close to here. My mother said before she died that it would be perfect if I met someone in a wheelchair. LOL. Thats what I want someone to see me first. And everything that come with me. Then gets to know me. Thats why dating sites don't work for people with ataxia. No matter how much you tell the person. Things always change when they see you. Im going down South this summer I am going to check out what is all going on in the States for that. Because a conference is a good idea.